Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 1: The First...

     Today's the day!!! I turn 20 and become a blogger. I had a very good birthday.


So where did I see God today? Not where I thought I would. I thought that at the beginning of this I would see God in trees or clouds or places that He displayed His majesty. But He took a different approach. Conviction. This morning in Sunday school, we discussed the Ten Commandments. While we were talking about keeping the Sabbath holy, I suddenly realized that I don't have a single day in my week that is   holy, set apart for God. I knew that Sundays weren't doing it for me, but I had never stopped to think that I was blatantly disobeying that commandment. No wonder I'm having problems, spiritual and otherwise. On Sundays I work. I teach. I volunteer. Sometimes I'm a fill-in. Sometimes I have a worship team meeting. I haven't figured out how to make this work holy, pointing me to God instead distracting me from Him. Sundays for me are about serving, getting things done, sharing God with others, but do these things make it holy? And what about a day of rest? Sundays are not usually restful for me. So either I need to change the way I treat Sundays or I need to pick a different day to be my Sabbath. Lord, how do I do that? How do I make Your day holy? I can't afford to continue disobeying, and I don't want to. I can't believe I've missed this - and I don't know how to fix it yet. (and while I was sitting here typing, it became no longer my birthday. Rats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment