Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 2: Your joy is my strength...

     God did not give me a revelation today, but I'm still amazed at how He speaks, sometimes so subtly. In the last several months, the Holy Spirit has spoken little whispers that have brought me to God when I was filled with so much negative. He's spoken before, but I didn't know that it was Him. Then one day when I was really upset and knew that I had done exactly what would keep me from God, I just felt it from inside. From a place so deep inside of me that I'm not even sure where it is, the words came out. Only God could have spoken to me in that way at that time. This must be the still, small voice that the Bible talks about. I have heard Him speak other times as well. When I was guilty and ashamed, He said, "I'm sad because of you; but you are my child and I still want you." When I was discouraged and disappointed, He said, "Rejoice and be happy with Me! I'm still your God, and I will work all things to your good and My glory."
     Today, He spoke into my worry. He offered comfort. He asked for faith and worship instead of anxiety and worry. He reminded me of the blessing of my family. Lord, I hope I never stop hearing You; I hope I never get accustomed to Your voice. His joy really is my strength. He speaks it into me and it makes me rejoice with Him at all kinds of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment